Contained by or consisting of a curved line or lines: these designs employ flowing, curvilinear forms
More example sentences
- The sensuousness of the metal is reinforced and enhanced by his decorative curvilinear line that creates a virtuoso effect of dramatic splendour.
- In his first year of painting, Gongkam proved to be a talented young artist and created beautiful works consisting of abstract curvilinear lines.
- The surgeon makes a curvilinear (ie, curved) infraumbilical incision using a #10 knife blade.
early 18th century: from curvi- 'curved', from Latin curvus, on the pattern of rectilinear.
- More example sentences
- These developmental events increased either curvilinearly or linearly as temperature increased from a minimum of about 15°C, depending on the phenological event.
- The 15 N values of these algae, on the other hand, linearly or curvilinearly decreased from 18 to 12 with increasing distance from the shoreline, indicating the difference in nitrogen sources available to macroalgae.
- However, family members conceptualize cohesion such that it is linearly related to family functioning whereas outside observers appear to conceptualize cohesion as being curvilinearly related to family functioning.
Definition of curvilinear in:
- The British & World English dictionary