(also cushaw squash)
- A large winter squash of a variety with a curved neck.More example sentences
- Make this very colorful main dish with any type of winter squash such as butternut, cushaw, kabocha, acorn, delicata or hubbard.
- In a 1-gallon stock pot, boil the cushaw in lightly sweetened water until tender but not mushy.
- Southern tribes raised winter crooknecks, cushaws, and green and white striped sweet potato squashes.
late 16th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of cushawDefinition of cushaw in:
- The British & World English dictionary