adjective (cushier, cushiest)informal
1(Of a job, task, or situation) undemanding, easy, or secure: cushy jobs that pay you to ski
More example sentences
- In 2001, this software professional quit his cushy job at Genesis International and enrolled at New York Film Academy.
- After all, these CARICOM guys have cushy jobs, and if CARICOM went away, they might have to go out and get real work.
- Tough though their lives are, I'd rather be one of them than a pitiful middle-class media sow who holds down a cushy job from home, employs a nanny and expects applause for putting one foot in front of the other.
2North American (Of furniture) comfortable.
- I settled back into my comfortable position on the cushy chair I had gotten from a furniture store.
- This is a really fun bar with comfy couches and soft cushy tables.
- With deep cushy furniture, a wall of books, an original fireplace, and no television, the library is one of Dan's favorite places to put up his feet.
- Example sentences
- I've had this chair for my whole time here and it's never really bothered me before; is it losing its cushiness?
- There is only so much cushiness a player can get before he loses his edge.
- While we were waiting for the movie to start, we put the pillows behind our backs for maximum cushiness, and put the blankets over our legs to keep warm.
Words that rhyme with cushybushy, pushy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.