Definition of cusk-eel in English:
A small, eellike fish with a tapering body and fins that form a pointed tail, typically found in deep water.
- Family Ophidiidae: numerous genera
- Courtenay describes the sound producing mechanism of adult striped cusk-eels, and which is found only in the males.
- Calling was often initiated while cusk-eels were still partially or entirely burrowed.
- This is the only cusk-eel sound that has been identified to the species level.
Definition of cusk-eel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.