- A tooth with a single cusp or point; a canine tooth.More example sentences
- Incisors cut food, and cuspid and bicuspid teeth grasp and tear food.
- The posterior cuspid (or cuspids if there are six) accounts for about one-third of the length of the tooth.
- The margin of the talonid is surrounded by a series of cusps (‘cuspids,’ actually, since this is a lower jaw molar) which enclose a talonid basin.
mid 18th century: from Latin cuspis, cuspid- 'point or apex'.
More definitions of cuspidDefinition of cuspid in:
- The British & World English dictionary