Definition of custom in English:
- Their traditions and customs have not been widely spread nor preserved.
- All that have specific traditions and customs, folklore, cuisine, and dress and may speak a different language.
- I particularly enjoyed the depiction of old military traditions and customs.
- It wasn't the normal custom within Ryder, and it shook things up right away.
- These net deficits are easily offset by the increased custom among those who visit just once a week, the survey's authors say.
- That, and the fact that her SAC compartment was separated from everyone else's as was the custom for dignitaries visiting aboard a star cruiser.
- Laws against adultery are a natural outgrowth of laws and customs insisting that marriages be monogamous.
- The Board shall make its decision with regard to the custom and usage of the insurance and reinsurance business.
- But by long established custom, such exculpatory statements are also admitted into evidence.
- It added that they helped regeneration, keeping schools open and providing custom to shops.
- Management at The Riverside Hotel, Sligo remain vigilant in securing trade or group tour business and Irish custom has compensated any tourist loss.
- Collectively though, these blue chip stalwarts with their predictable, regular custom should not disappoint at current prices.
adjectiveNorth American Back to top
- Since construction sites do not have the equipment to bend or cut re-bar, Ferneuf always fills custom orders.
- Lee creates one-of-a-kind designs and custom orders to fit any shape and size of both men and women.
- When I ordered a custom item a couple weeks ago, I noticed that Lowes' internal systems are all tied into open source programs.
Both custom and costume (early 18th century) come from the same root, Latin consuetudo ‘custom, habit’—costume was originally the decor and clothing appropriate to a painting with a historical theme. A customer (Late Middle English) was a person who habitually bought from a particular tradesman, and customs (Late Middle English) were payments traditionally made to a lord or king.
Words that rhyme with customaccustom
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.