- A method of building a tunnel by making a cutting, which is then lined and covered over.More example sentences
- The line that runs beneath 41st Street was constructed later using cut-and-cover as well as tunneling techniques.
- The architects of later pyramids ensured that there was adequate access to underground chambers by using cut-and-cover techniques rather than tunnelling.
- The cut-and-cover lines are so much more pleasant than the deep-down tracks.
More definitions of cut-and-coverDefinition of cut-and-cover in:
- The British & World English dictionary