- Of, relating to, or affecting the skin: cutaneous pigmentationMore example sentences
- The mammary glands are specialized cutaneous glands that develop rapidly but incompletely at puberty.
- New fibres are redirected to cutaneous sweat glands and hence gustatory sweating occurs.
- The sural nerve sometimes supplies the dorsal cutaneous area of the lateral two and one-half toes.
late 16th century: from modern Latin cutaneus (from Latin cutis 'skin') + -ous.
More definitions of cutaneousDefinition of cutaneous in:
- The British & World English dictionary