- 1A decrease or reduction: [as modifier]: left with a cutdown staffMore example sentences
- As we all know, NBC runs an old episode of Saturday Night Live very early Sunday morning each week… and they run the full 90-minute versions of them, not the 60-minute cutdowns that are more often available.
- And the nice thing is that NBC All Night (or whatever they call it) airs the full shows instead of the hour cutdowns.
- Over in the gallery, you can also see a Castle Film called No Fires, Please, which is a cutdown of Fireman, Save My Child, which was the Abbott and Costello film that Universal made without Abbott or Costello.
- 2 Surgery A procedure of cutting into a vein in order to insert a needle or cannula.More example sentences
- This was repaired by Dr. Healey who also delivered the placenta while I was engaged in assisting Dr. O'Neil during the resuscitation of the infant and the umbilical cutdowns.
- Crenshaw, a junior member of the team, did a cutdown on Kennedy's right leg to insert an intravenous line and watched others trying to save the president.
- They involved performing a venous cutdown - to insert an intravenous tube - on a patient's foot and three charges related to treatment of patients under the age of five.
More definitions of cutdownDefinition of cutdown in:
- The British & World English dictionary