Definition of cutlassfish in English:
noun (plural same or cutlassfishes)
A long, slender marine fish with sharp teeth and a dorsal fin running the length of the back.
- Family Trichiuridae: several species, including the Atlantic Trichiurus lepturus (also called snakefish), an important food fish in the tropics
- The scabbard fish, variety of the cutlassfish, is the most highly regarded of the cutlassfish family.
- Atlantic cutlassfish, or ribbonfish as they're more often called in Texas, have no scales.
- Oh, and I caught a bunch of cutlassfish in the lagoon of Puerto Maya on my fly rod.
Definition of cutlassfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India