- A room in a production studio where film or videotape is cut and edited: [as modifier]: such a scene would end up on the cutting-room floorMore example sentences
- Sometimes, writers are asked to tighten their stories; other times, there is additional info that just doesn't fit anywhere and good stuff ends up on the proverbial cutting-room floor.
- The voiceover drips like honey and words such as ‘syphilis’ and ‘serial bankrupt’ are confined to the cutting-room floor.
- To his credit and my relief, he willingly rode out the longer piece, and for once I didn't have to fret about what got left on the cutting-room floor.
More definitions of cutting roomDefinition of cutting room in:
- The British & World English dictionary