- The flattened oval internal skeleton of the cuttlefish, which is made of white, lightweight, chalky material. It is used as a dietary supplement for caged birds and for making casts for precious metal items.More example sentences
- Almost any bird needs a cuttlebone or mineral equivalent to keep their bones healthy and beaks sharp.
- Another item that should be kept in your parakeet's cage is either a cuttlebone or a mineral block.
- Both groups had access to cuttlebone and fresh water ad libitum.
More definitions of cuttleboneDefinition of cuttlebone in:
- The British & World English dictionary