- A cirque, especially one in the mountains of Wales.More example sentences
- Three prominent thin bands of pale-coloured calc-silicate marbles occur on the Lhotse face in the western cwm on the north face of Lhotse and high on the south face of the Lhotse-Nuptse ridge.
- The Everest greenschists are thickest on the SW face of Everest and across the western cwm on Lhotse.
- The last snow shone on the slopes of the Brecon Beacons: pure white on the peaks and in the cwms, grey and stratified on the windward faces.
mid 19th century: Welsh; related to combe.
More definitions of cwmDefinition of cwm in:
- The British & World English dictionary