Definition of cyanamide in English:
1A weakly acidic crystalline compound made as an intermediate in the industrial production of ammonia.
- Under this scenario, dormancy-breaking chemicals (such as hydrogen cyanamide, HC) enhance budbreak by diminishing the duration of suppression.
- It re-examined the approval to import and manufacture soluble concentrates containing hydrogen cyanamide to ensure existing controls were adequate to address potential risks.
- Enzymatic activity in extracts of a soil fungus, Myrothecium verrucaria, hydrates the nitrile group of cyanamide with formation of urea.
1.1A salt of cyanamide containing the anion CN22− especially the calcium salt ( calcium cyanamide) used as a fertilizer.
- The reactivity of the nitrile functional group in calcium cyanamide makes it as a chief industrial raw material.
- No information is available on the reproductive or developmental effects of calcium cyanamide in humans or animals.
Definition of cyanamide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan