- The production of hydrogen cyanide by certain plants, such as cherry laurel, bracken, and some legumes, as a response to wounding or a deterrent to herbivores.More example sentences
- Defoliation by lepidoptera can induce cyanogenesis in some plants resulting in cyanide levels high enough to kill cattle.
- However, early growth of S. litura larva was reduced 36% on Huia plants, and this was attributed to the greater cyanogenesis.
- The findings from this project may also ultimately be useful for controlling cyanogenesis in cassava.
More definitions of cyanogenesisDefinition of cyanogenesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary