Definition of cyberchondriac in English:
A person who compulsively searches the Internet for information on real or imagined symptoms of illness: everybody is terribly health-conscious these days—it’s no surprise that many people are becoming cyberchondriacs
More example sentences
- One of the main problems that cyberchondriacs face is that the web is not always reliable.
- If you're one of those people who frequently looks up their symptoms online and then panics at the diagnosis, or rather 'search results', it's possible that you're displaying all the hallmarks of a cyberchondriac.
- Many health professionals warn the web has created a world of cyberchondriacs.
- Example sentences
- The phenomenon of cyberchondria - where patients take as read material they have spotted on the Net, then tell their GP all about their supposed condition - is already with us.
- She has featured in a number of articles about cyberchondria, which occurs when an individual surfs the net in a frenzy of health anxiety.
- Many Internet users are following inaccurate information online, which U.K. researchers say can lead to erroneous self-diagnoses and cyberchondria.
Definition of cyberchondriac in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.