Definition of cyclamen in English:
noun (plural same or cyclamens)
1A European plant of the primrose family, having pink, red, or white flowers with backward-curving petals and widely grown as a winter-flowering houseplant.
- Genus Cyclamen, family Primulaceae: several species
- Some of my favorite windowsill plants include many varieties of trailing ivy, African violets, primroses, pansies and violets, geraniums, gloxinias, cyclamens, coleus, kalonchoes, peperomias, and heartleaf philodendrons.
- Their soil must contain sufficient humus and be rich in calcium, but the idea that cyclamens need a lot of moisture is a misconception.
- Very early spring is one of the best times to visit the garden - not only are the snowdrops and cyclamen flowering, but the foliage of certain conifers is more golden than at other times of year.
Definition of cyclamen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan