Definition of cymbidium in English:
noun (plural cymbidiums)
A tropical orchid with long, narrow leaves and arching stems bearing several flowers, growing chiefly as an epiphyte from Asia to Australasia and widely cultivated for boutonnières.
- Genus Cymbidium, family Orchidaceae
- The orchids that are most commonly available in garden centres are phalaenopsis (moth orchids), oncidiums, odontoglossums and cymbidiums, which should flower for weeks and perhaps months.
- The flowers on the cymbidium orchid last for five to seven weeks.
- Ideal for the special personalised touch, this sculptural arrangement includes King Protea, a cymbidium orchid, zantedeschia and schwarzwalder.
Definition of cymbidium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan