1A native or inhabitant of Cyprus.
- Greek and Turkish Cypriots will vote on reunification a week before Cyprus joins the EU on May 1.
- Both Greek and Turkish Cypriots prefer to think of themselves as living close to Europe rather than Africa and the Middle East.
- The Senate shall be composed of an equal number of Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots.
2The dialect of Greek used in Cyprus.
- Interviews with workers were conducted in English, and those with officials and social movement activists in Greek Cypriot.
- I am a philologist of the Athens University, specialising (after my retirement) in Cypriot linguistics and literature.
Relating to Cyprus or its people or the Greek dialect used there.
- Over the millennia, different settlers have tremendously influenced Cyprus, which is why Cypriot traditions consist of a mixture of influences remaining from settlers.
- Andrew talks warmly of being raised in the northern suburbs of Melbourne to Greek Cypriot parents.
- Pambos became actively involved with Greek and Cypriot professional dancing at the age of 10.
From Greek Kupriōtes, from Kupros 'Cyprus'.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Cypriot in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.