Definition of cysteine in English:
A sulfur-containing amino acid that occurs in keratins and other proteins, often in the form of cystine, and is a constituent of many enzymes.
- Chemical formula: HSCH2CH(NH2)COOH
- Whey proteins are also rich in the sulfur-containing amino acids cysteine and methionine.
- The gelatinase activity was due to metalloproteinases and not cysteine or serine proteinases.
- The integration of reduced sulphur into the amino acid cysteine is a central step in the assimilation of inorganic sulphur.
Definition of cysteine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.