Definition of cystic in English:
1chiefly Medicine Of, relating to, or characterized by cysts.
- Multiple areas of tumor necrosis, cystic degeneration, and old hemorrhage were present.
- Sectioning of the mass revealed a mixed solid and cystic appearance with the cysts ranging from 1.0 to 3.0 cm in diameter.
- Our preoperative diagnosis included a pericardial/thymic cyst or cystic tumor, displacing the heart and compromising cardiac function.
2Of or relating to the urinary bladder or the gallbladder: the cystic artery
More example sentences
- Gallstones can migrate from their primary site of origin in the gallbladder through the cystic duct and into the common bile duct.
- The gallbladder and its cystic duct join the hepatic duct to form the common bile duct, which drains into the lumen of the duodenum.
- He transects the cystic duct and divides the cystic artery with electrosurgery before removing the gallbladder.
Words that rhyme with cysticaoristic, artistic, autistic, deistic, distich, egoistic, fistic, holistic, juristic, logistic, monistic, mystic, puristic, sadistic, Taoistic, theistic, truistic, veristic
Definition of cystic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.