Definition of cytoarchitecture in English:
1The arrangement of cells in a tissue, especially in specific areas of the cerebral cortex characterized by the arrangement of their cells and each associated with particular functions. Also called cytoarchitectonics.
- Expanded specific affinity theory specifies the advantages of small dry mass and dilute cytoarchitecture in impoverished systems.
- We demonstrate the complex cytoarchitecture of the planarian brain, despite the simple superficiality of the morphology.
- Our results were highly dependent on the cytoarchitecture of the neurons.
- Example sentences
- Such a pattern of results is typical for the prenatal cocaine literature as a whole, and contradictory results can be found for most biological and cytoarchitectural measures in exposed animals.
- The cytoarchitectural features were consistent with fibrolamellar carcinoma.
Definition of cytoarchitecture in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan