- Any of a number of substances, such as interferon, interleukin, and growth factors, that are secreted by certain cells of the immune system and have an effect on other cells.More example sentences
- Phagocytes themselves also secrete cytokines, which influence the behaviour of other cells.
- Attracted by cytokines and growth factors, fibroblasts migrate into wound sites within several days of injury.
- Administration of cytokines or cytokine antagonists alters only one aspect of a complex immune response.
More definitions of cytokineDefinition of cytokine in:
- The British & World English dictionary