- A kind of herpesvirus that usually produces very mild symptoms in an infected person but may cause severe neurological damage in people with weakened immune systems and in the newborn.More example sentences
- Past studies have hinted that herpes simplex viruses and cytomegalovirus, all of which are active in brain tissues, might be associated with dementia.
- Congenital toxoplasmosis can mimic disease caused by organisms such as herpes simplex virus, cytomegalovirus, and rubella virus.
- The immunohistochemical study for herpes virus and cytomegalovirus was negative in all cases.
More definitions of cytomegalovirusDefinition of cytomegalovirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary