Definition of cytosol in English:
The aqueous component of the cytoplasm of a cell, within which various organelles and particles are suspended.
- Ion-selective microelectrodes have been used to measure the activities of ions in the apoplast, cytosol and vacuole of single cells.
- Products of these genes are targeted into at least three cellular compartments: cytosol, chloroplasts, and mitochondria.
- These biochemical studies were instrumental for understanding the metabolite flux between plastid and cytosol.
- Example sentences
- Protein was determined in both microsomal and cytosolic fractions using the Lowry procedure.
- Cytoskeletal proteins are recruited from the cytosolic pool to the cell cortex, thereby reinforcing it.
- Most biotic and abiotic stresses elicit an increase in cytosolic free calcium concentrations.
Pronunciation: /ˌsītəˈsälik/ /-ˈsôlik/adjective
Definition of cytosol in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan