1A native or inhabitant of the Czech Republic or (formerly) Czechoslovakia, or a person of Czech descent.
- The Czechs, Hungarians and the citizens from other East European states have a similar history.
- Other numerically significant ethnic groups of Austria include Slovenes, Croats, and Czechs.
- The Dutch will go through with victory against Latvia only if the Germans do not beat the Czechs.
2The West Slavic language spoken in the Czech Republic, closely related to Slovak.
- The whole family speak three languages - Czech, German and English.
- Reprinted five times in the 1920s, the book was translated into French, Czech, and other languages.
- The station was heaving with hundreds of other festivalgoers, speaking every European language from English to Czech.
Relating to the Czechs or their language.
- Yesterday we started to learn the Czech language.
- My fluency in the Czech language is progressing slowly.
- The English language edition of the Czech catalog is currently available.
Polish spelling of Czech Čech.
Words that rhyme with Czechbeck, bedeck, check, cheque, Chiang Kai-shek, crosscheck, deck, dreck, exec, fleck, heck, hitech, keck, lek, neck, peck, Québec, rec, reck, sec, sneck, spec, speck, spot-check, tec, tech, Toulouse-Lautrec, trek, wreck
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of Czech in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.