- A political step or initiative: foreign policy démarchesMore example sentences
- On the 17th, the US Embassy delivered a démarche to the Polish Government.
- The interference of the two kings in Cappadocia led to Roman intervention and a démarche by Sulla.
- By the early 860s he was requesting a bishop successively from the papacy and the Byzantine emperor, and the latter démarche elicited the mission headed by Constantine-Cyril and Methodius.
mid 17th century: French, from démarcher 'take steps'.
More definitions of démarcheDefinition of démarche in:
- The British & World English dictionary