noun (plural same)
A small freshwater fish of the minnow family, typically living in running water.
- Leuciscus and numerous other genera, family Cyprinidae: several species, including the longfin dace (Agosia chrysogaster) of western North America and the widely distributed L. leuciscus of northern Eurasia
More example sentences
- The Foss currently contains a good population of fish including brown trout, dace, chub, roach and barbel, although in places natural habitat is very limited and there are localised problems with silt.
- Nine thousand young stickleback, roach, dace, chub and eels died along an 11 km stretch of the beck.
- Most species of river fish will be surveyed including trout, grayling, dace, barbel, chub and pike.
Definition of dace in:
- The British & World English dictionary