- A country house or cottage in Russia, typically used as a second or vacation home.More example sentences
- A man may boast of his home as his castle, but Russians are increasingly turning to building country homes and dachas that are plain, economical and rather small.
- He enjoyed the company of some of his young male students whom he would invite to his country dacha at the weekend for a spot of vigorous log-cutting with an enormous two-handled saw.
- Almost everyone I know in Europe - among the professional and business class - has some small second home in the country somewhere - a dacha usually belonging to the family for generations.
mid 19th century: Russian, originally 'grant (of land)'.
More definitions of dachaDefinition of dacha in:
- The British & World English dictionary