noun (plural dacoities)
- An act of armed robbery committed by a gang in India or Burma (Myanmar).More example sentences
- This crime included murder, attempt to murder, dacoity, robbery and kidnapping.
- The year was 1985, and the town was under a scare of violent burglaries and dacoities targeting remote houses.
- He also pointed out that in many earlier instances criminals in the guise of labourers were arrested by city police in specific cases and more particularly, in crime against property cases like dacoity, robbery, burglary and theft.
from Hindi ḍakaitī.
More definitions of dacoityDefinition of dacoity in:
- The British & World English dictionary