noun (plural same)
- 1North American An arachnid with a globular body and long thin legs, typically living in leaf litter and on tree trunks. Also called harvestman.
More example sentences
- Order Phalangida: numerous genera and species, including the common Phalangium opilio
- It belongs to an ancient version of the daddy-long-legs, which is also called ‘the harvestmen ‘apparently.’
- Seal and caulk around vents, pipes, and windows where daddy-long-legs and insects can creep inside.
- 2British A crane fly.More example sentences
- A few fish have been taken on the dap, with crickets/grasshoppers doing the business, and the daddy-long-legs should be making an appearance soon.
- Opening with a warp-speed ‘Loaded’ the greatest frontman in the north-west's all over the monitors like a human daddy-long-legs.