Definition of daffodil in English:
A bulbous plant that typically bears bright yellow flowers with a long trumpet-shaped center (corona).
- Genus Narcissus, family Liliaceae (or Amaryllidaceae): several species, in particular the common N. pseudonarcissus and its varieties. See also narcissus
- Fall is the time to plant the tulips, daffodils and hyacinths that bloom in the spring.
- The school grounds will soon be awash with bright yellow daffodils as the flowers emerge from their bulbs.
- This daffodil produces a yellow flower with an extremely long trumpet.
Words that rhyme with daffodilautofill • back-fill • landfill • monofil
Definition of daffodil in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.