- A board that slides vertically through the keel of a sailboat to reduce sideways movement. Compare with centerboard.More example sentences
- Late last week, Kingfisher hit a submerged object and damaged her daggerboard.
- If the rudder and daggerboard are made of plywood and glassed they will need to be primed and painted.
- Contrary to popular belief, the daggerboard or centerboard does not keep the sailboat from tipping over.
More definitions of daggerboardDefinition of daggerboard in:
- The British & World English dictionary