- A photograph taken by an early photographic process employing an iodine-sensitized silvered plate and mercury vapor.More example sentences
- This exhibition includes 115 photographs, negatives and daguerreotypes by Fox Talbot, one of the 19th-century founders of the photographic medium, and several of his contemporaries.
- In the first three chapters of her book, Sandweiss focuses on early daguerreotypes taken by photographers during the Mexican-American War and by photographers employed to document early government expeditions to the West.
- I now collect daguerreotypes, photographs taken by an early process using copper plating, and at the same time I have the latest digital camera.
mid 19th century: from French daguerréotype, named after L.-J.-M. Daguerre (see Daguerre, Louis), its French inventor.
More definitions of daguerreotypeDefinition of daguerreotype in:
- The British & World English dictionary