1(In Indian cooking) split pulses, in particular lentils.
- Bring the dal and 1.2 litres water to the boil in a large saucepan, skimming.
- Add this water to the dhal, if needed, while the dhal is cooking.
- In a pan, put the dhal, turmeric, onion, green chillies, curry leaves, cinnamon, curry powder and coconut milk (second extract) and cook on low flame.
1.1A dish made with these.
- If you opt for the non-vegetarian platter, you get roti, dal, veg pulao and raita, chicken gravy, kebab and gajjar ki halwa.
- Serve with luchis (fried puffy bread) or with rice and Bengali dal (sweet-and-sour lentils).
- Combine the moong dal and the lentils in a bowl and wash in several changes of water.
from Hindi dāl.