1(In Indian cooking) split pulses, in particular lentils.
- Bring the dal and 1.2 litres water to the boil in a large saucepan, skimming.
- Add this water to the dhal, if needed, while the dhal is cooking.
- In a pan, put the dhal, turmeric, onion, green chillies, curry leaves, cinnamon, curry powder and coconut milk (second extract) and cook on low flame.
1.1A dish made with these.
- If you opt for the non-vegetarian platter, you get roti, dal, veg pulao and raita, chicken gravy, kebab and gajjar ki halwa.
- Serve with luchis (fried puffy bread) or with rice and Bengali dal (sweet-and-sour lentils).
- Combine the moong dal and the lentils in a bowl and wash in several changes of water.
From Hindi dāl.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan