Definition of dalliance in English:
1A casual romantic or sexual relationship.
- Most of the film flips back and forth between Vera and Fred and their respective sexual and financial dalliances.
- As long as you respect your partner, occasional dalliances are not a big deal.
- Can Dr Ken save the day, or will his occasional sexual dalliance become the next victim of The Psycho Lover?
1.1Brief or casual involvement with something: Berkeley was my last dalliance with the education system
More example sentences
- His personal life has pretty much overshadowed his music in recent years as dalliances with alcohol and drugs led to a stay in The Priory clinic.
- The band's R&B dalliances push the song 'n' the band forward from simple slash 'n' burn to a cocky swagger.
- Silly ghost stories are otherworldly dalliances, whereas Frankenstein projects dilemmas of coherence and comprehension that are a permanent challenge for narration.
Words that rhyme with dalliancemésalliance
Definition of dalliance in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.