- A unit used in expressing the molecular weight of proteins, equivalent to atomic mass unit.More example sentences
- Sterically unhindered because its molecular weight is 527 daltons, Argatroban neutralizes the active serine catalytic site of both free and bound thrombin.
- Determination of the mass spectrum of LCP-J8 resulted in a calculated molecular weight of 14,158.45 daltons.
- Lepirudin is composed of 65 or 66 amino acids and has a molecular weight of 7000 daltons.
1930s: named after John Dalton (see Dalton, John).
More definitions of DaltonDefinition of dalton in:
- The British & World English dictionary