Definition of dance floor in English:
1An area of floor in a nightclub, disco, or restaurant that is reserved for dancing.
- The also took the chance to get on the dance floor to enjoy some disco classics.
- In between dispensing dancing tips, word has it that Helen is first on the dance floor at any Malt Room gig.
- The OGA bar has a dance floor with a revolving mirrored disco ball and a game room.
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting a recording or type of music particularly popular as an accompaniment to dancing: a current dance-floor hit
More example sentences
- Get loose, unwind and reflect on your contribution to global justice and peace to the accompaniment of the latest dance-floor fillers.
- The song - expected to be a huge dance-floor hit - has extra vocals written and produced by Micki Lynn.
- It has been a dance-floor smash ever since Tall Paul dropped the track last year at London's super club Turnmills.
Definition of dance floor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia