A widely distributed weed of the daisy family, with a rosette of leaves, bright yellow flowers followed by globular heads of seeds with downy tufts, and stems containing a milky latex.
- Genus Taraxacum, family Compositae: several species, in particular the common T. officinale, which has edible leaves
More example sentences
- The people in charge of arranging such operations know full well that dandelions come into flower at much the same time as our daffodils and then take over as the daffodils fade away.
- True to Chris's intentions, the two acre garden is fresh with scent and the colours of cowslips and foxgloves, daffodils and dandelions.
- Tough, old dandelions and some other weeds at times require two treatments.
Definition of dandelion in:
- The British & World English dictionary