Definition of dapple gray in English:
(Of a horse) gray or white with darker ringlike markings.
- She continued to scrutinize his expression as his glower remained focused on the ground at their feet, one hand firmly gripping the reins of his lathered dapple-gray gelding while the other tightly held his riding crop.
- To my great relief and joy, Prince Justyn was nowhere in sight, and Joshua was grooming a dapple-gray stallion.
- Stacey chose a dapple gray horse, and a groom saddled the horse up for her.
nounBack to top
A dapple gray horse.
- The boy, presumably Prince Arion, mounted a noble-looking palomino as my target, his tiny sister, hopped on a high-blooded dapple gray.
- The twin set of dapple grays in the traces brought back memories of the last time she'd gone out riding with the redhead.
- That gentleman promptly harnessed up his dapple-grays and drove off in the general direction of Kentucky.
Definition of dapple gray in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan