- 1 another term for anhinga.More example sentences
- More than 200 species of birds are also found here, including the rare Storm's stork and the oriental darter, kingfishers and raptors such as the crested serpent eagle.
- The lake itself covers over 650 hectares, more than half the total size of the national park it is located in, and is home to egrets, darters, hornbills and kites, as well as some of the most unique fishing in the world.
- The evolutionary relationships of anhingas and darters remain unclear.
- 2A small North American freshwater fish, the male of which may develop bright coloration during the breeding season.
More example sentences
- Genera Etheostoma and Percina, family Percidae: numerous species
- In addition to whitefish bull trout will feed on sculpins, darters or other trout and where applicable, salmon fry.
- Snorkelers observed only one benthic fish, a darter (Ethostoma or Percina spp.), in a smallmouth bass nest in Lake Opeongo.
- Too much sedimentation can affect the habitat of darters and associated fish species by making urban streams and lakes unsuitable for feeding and reproduction.
More definitions of darterDefinition of darter in:
- The British & World English dictionary