1 informal A person who dresses or acts flamboyantly or stylishly.
- But I was a dasher through and through, and anything beyond a quarter mile nearly killed me.
- So, a small tip for the road rage - or should I say aisle rage trolley dashers - is to, next year, calm down a little.
- Chris Gayle and Wavell Hinds are both unreliable dashers, and West Indies can afford only one such player at the top.
2A plunger for agitating cream in a churn.
- At that point, mix is pumped into ice cream freezers, where it is scraped with dashers and frozen to 26 degrees.
- Letting the dashers spin for a minute or two without the freezing option will help the ice cream come out of the machine more easily, if the machine has the ability.
- Mix is then pumped into the computerized ice cream freezers, where it is whipped, injected with air, scraped with dashers and frozen.
3 Hockey The ledge along the top of the boards of a rink.
- We had to take out 17 rows of artificial tuff from the Soccer field, a full set of dasher boards, and six tons of plate glass.
- I want to see the dasher boards full of advertising, the suites full of sponsors and the banners raised showing the club's great success.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of dasher in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.