Definition of dasher in English:
1 informal A person who dresses or acts flamboyantly or stylishly.
- But I was a dasher through and through, and anything beyond a quarter mile nearly killed me.
- So, a small tip for the road rage - or should I say aisle rage trolley dashers - is to, next year, calm down a little.
- Chris Gayle and Wavell Hinds are both unreliable dashers, and West Indies can afford only one such player at the top.
2A plunger for agitating cream in a churn.
- At that point, mix is pumped into ice cream freezers, where it is scraped with dashers and frozen to 26 degrees.
- Letting the dashers spin for a minute or two without the freezing option will help the ice cream come out of the machine more easily, if the machine has the ability.
- Mix is then pumped into the computerized ice cream freezers, where it is whipped, injected with air, scraped with dashers and frozen.
3 Hockey The ledge along the top of the boards of a rink.
- We had to take out 17 rows of artificial tuff from the Soccer field, a full set of dasher boards, and six tons of plate glass.
- I want to see the dasher boards full of advertising, the suites full of sponsors and the banners raised showing the club's great success.
Definition of dasher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.