noun (plural dashikis)
- A loose, brightly colored shirt or tunic, originally from West Africa.More example sentences
- And because I don't wear dashikis today, or kurtas to proclaim my Indian ancestry, does not make me less conscious of my past than these ‘come-latelys’.
- Throughout the country men have, for the most part, replaced the traditional loincloth with T-shirts and dashikis.
- A student may wear a dashiki to class, but he wears a cap and gown to graduation.
from Yoruba or Hausa.
More definitions of dashikiDefinition of dashiki in:
- The British & World English dictionary