Wicked and cruel: pirates and their dastardly deeds
More example sentences
- The debt recovery agency that carried out the dastardly deed is not expected to have its contract renewed.
- Can they be so dastardly and despicable as to attack the president during a presidential campaign?
- It is a classic tale of good and evil with an orphan hero, a plucky girl to befriend him, dastardly villains, a bit of a twist and an element of magic.
wicked, evil, heinous, villainous, diabolical, fiendish, barbarous, cruel, black, dark, rotten, vile, monstrous, abominable, despicable, degenerate, sordid; bad, base, mean, low, cowardly, dishonorable, dishonest, unscrupulous, unprincipled
informal lowdown, dirty, shady, sleazy, crookedbeastly
mid 16th century (in the sense 'dull or stupid'): from dastard in the obsolete sense 'base coward'.
- More example sentences
- For once I finally know who my enemies are, so I might as well treat them with the same dastardliness that they would treat me.
- Few, perhaps, could have reckoned with the peculiar dastardliness of dispatching a special ambassador to play for time until preparations for a surprise attack were ready.
- I love that game, it requires absolutely no skill or dastardliness.