Definition of dastardly in English:
Wicked and cruel: pirates and their dastardly deeds
More example sentences
- The debt recovery agency that carried out the dastardly deed is not expected to have its contract renewed.
- Can they be so dastardly and despicable as to attack the president during a presidential campaign?
- It is a classic tale of good and evil with an orphan hero, a plucky girl to befriend him, dastardly villains, a bit of a twist and an element of magic.
wicked, evil, heinous, villainous, diabolical, fiendish, barbarous, cruel, black, dark, rotten, vile, monstrous, abominable, despicable, degenerate, sordid;
informallowdown, dirty, shady, sleazy, crooked
- Example sentences
- For once I finally know who my enemies are, so I might as well treat them with the same dastardliness that they would treat me.
- Few, perhaps, could have reckoned with the peculiar dastardliness of dispatching a special ambassador to play for time until preparations for a surprise attack were ready.
- I love that game, it requires absolutely no skill or dastardliness.
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'dull or stupid'): from dastard in the obsolete sense 'base coward'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.