- The practice of monitoring the online activity of a person or group, from algorithmic study of the residue of their various electronic and digital transactions and activities.More example sentences
- Mass dataveillance threatens us with more than embarrassment and invasions of privacy: It also threatens our values of equality in ways that could transform the relationship between citizens and their government.
- Increasing cyber crime, along with surveillance, dataveillance and the steady erosion of privacy, has become one inevitable human dimension of information technology.
- Until and unless comprehensive information privacy protection is in place, effective controls over the techniques of dataveillance will not be possible.
1980s: blend of data and surveillance.
More definitions of dataveillanceDefinition of dataveillance in:
- The British & World English dictionary