Definition of datura in English:
A shrubby annual plant with large trumpet-shaped flowers, native to southern North America. Daturas contain toxic or narcotic alkaloids and are used as hallucinogens by some American Indian peoples. See also angel's trumpet.
- Genus Datura, family Solanaceae: several species, including the jimson weed
- Despite its name, Eryngium Blue from DT Brown is not a sea holly but a bright-blue datura or jimson weed.
- At the end, the Indian heroine commits suicide by biting a poisonous datura flower because her British lover is deserting her.
- You also might consider a gardenia, white-flowering duranta, white datura (can trigger allergy) and ‘Ducher,’ an antique white rose, for sun.
Definition of datura in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.