(also dauphinoise /-ˈwäz/)
- (Of potatoes or other vegetables) sliced and cooked in milk, typically with a topping of cheese.More example sentences
- My venison fillet could have been cut with a butter knife, although the dauphinoise potatoes were a little short on garlic.
- Mother had the roasted sirloin of beef with gratin dauphinoise, courgettes, sautéed beans and Yorkshire pudding for €48.
- The dauphinoise potatoes were so bland it hurt.
French, 'from the province of Dauphiné'.
More definitions of dauphinoisDefinition of dauphinois in:
- The British & World English dictionary