Definition of day labor in English:
Unskilled labor paid by the day.
- Thousands of immigrants scratch out a meager living in gardening, day labor, factory and farm work, and babysitting.
- Delinquent children in these houses of refuge performed day labor, toiling at tasks such as tailoring and silver plating.
- In the far-northern city of Harbin, grubby men loiter on street corners, soaking up the coal-scented air and looking for day labor.
day laborer noun
- Example sentences
- I want work,’ commented one Latin American day laborer criticizing the proposed ordinance.
- The story concerns itself with a middle-aged, nearly disabled day laborer in economically depressed upstate New York.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan