A journey or excursion completed in one day.
- His favourite day trip would be a visit to a wildlife park or to the zoo.
- Monte Carlo is only a ten-minute train ride from Nice, so it seemed like the perfect day trip.
- A good day trip should involve either a very short drive or lots of leisurely driving.
(or day tripper) noun
- Example sentences
- The loss in tourism also encompassed day trippers who might otherwise have spent a shopping day in York, he said.
- A bevy of day trippers ambled onto the last boat to the mainland at 6.30, and all was quiet.
- Once the sun sets and the day trippers have left, all is still in Fort Augustus.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: day trip
Definition of day trip in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.