1An account book in which a day’s transactions are entered for later transfer to a ledger.
- Daniel Burnap's daybooks and ledgers record the sale of forty-nine clocks over a twenty-year period.
- A vet is required to keep all records of testing in daybooks filled in at the time of the test
- The front page of one of the daybooks includes a heading for a ‘butter account’.
1.1North American A diary.
- The history of upper-class folk in the Old South is documented through journals, diaries, daybooks, and material possessions.
- A daybook, or journal, can be a seedbed for ideas.
- ‘All the writing in the daybook is a form of talking to myself, a way of thinking on paper,’ says Murray.
Words that rhyme with daybookplaybook
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of daybook in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.